Don't miss your opportunity to help grow Downhill Skateboard & Luge Racing! The 2019 IDF Board Member election process has begun, and the candidate nominations are due by 11 May 2019 (22:00 CET).
The International Downhill Federation (IDF) is built on a group of 7 ‘board members’ who volunteer their time on a daily basis to help organize the World Cup circuit and all the back-end work that entails. Every two years, an election is undertaken to determine the group of board members for the two years to come. Between May 17 to 18, all active IDF members will be able to vote to elect the next IDF Board Members for the following term.
In addition to the ability to vote, paying IDF members who have been active for a year may also run for the board and volunteer their time to help run the organization. There is only one day left to submit new candidate nominations! These positions are purely on a volunteer basis and to run for the board you must be willing to spend 5-10 hours a week. Experience has shown that members who are not currently racing have more time to spend towards the IDF through helping at events and between events.
Being part of the IDF board is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the international community for downhill racing. Through volunteering, you will undoubtedly learn new skills, work with a global team that supports each other, travel to events, and help shape the future of a growing sport.
- The candidate members form (candidate process) will be open until 11 May 2019 (22:00 CET).
- Candidates will have to provide a bio, a motivational letter, and a 'plan' on how they will achieve their proposals.
- Board candidates will be presented to IDF members on 13 May 2019 on the IDF website.
- All paying IDF members can vote for candidates from May 17, 2019, @ 22.00 CET to May 18, 2019, @ 22.00 CET.
- The AGM will be held online, on May 19, 2019, @ 22:00 CET. 7 board members will be announced at the end of the AGM.
- The executive board members (President, General Secretary, Treasurer) will be designated at the next IDF Board Meeting, to be decided by the board members within a period of 21 days following the AGM.
We hope that all members realize the scale of this opportunity and either consider running for the board or place their votes for candidates when the voting period commences.
Candidature form is active below until 11 May 2019 (22:00 CET), and submissions are only accepted via this form (which you can also find with more election info here: 2019 IDF Elections. Members must be logged in to see the form.